Thursday, February 22, 2007

More "Ist's" to Add to the List

Mom left the hospital earlier this morning because she wasn't feeling well, so there's not much of an update today. She thought he looked better this morning and that he seemed to be a tiny bit calmer, so that's good. There have been a number of psychologists and psychiatrists in and out the last two days, so he's definitely getting some good brain picking. I hope and pray that they get him to open up about the accident, his fears, his anger, and his anxiety. As frustrating as it is, maybe all these psychologists are an answer to prayer...maybe they are exactly what he needs right now. Or maybe they are making him more anxious...good gravy I hope not....

Pray that mom feels better and that it's just a flu bug. (Although secretly I am a little thankful she got sick...it seems to be the only thing that forces her to take a day off.) But of course we pray she's better tomorrow. And as always, we lift up our Pops .

I've thought often of a picture that hangs in my parent's bedroom...a painting of a father kneeling beside his child's bed as he sleeps, praying fervently as a spiritual battle rages in the sky behind him. More than ever I feel this is a spiritual battle. It's so clear that the enemy does not want dad to recover..how it must anger him to think what a testimony to God's grace and power dad could be...how it enrages him to see minds opened and hearts awoken. He wants us to doubt. He wants us to run scared. Alas, we won't.

It's easy to doubt. Even easier to fear. But God is on our side in this. This battle really does belong to the Lord, and it's a guaranteed victory....we just have to trust. And believe. And pray.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Bohrman Family,
The only way I could get more strength to be there for my Mother after months and months of intensive care and surgeries was to go tell my story of my own recovery from alcoholism to other suffering liver failure and addicted patients currently in the hospital first and then go in and share that renewed strength with my Mother. My Mother had every odd against her and is written up as a miracle case at Froedert Hospital. If you share your or your Dad's testimony with seeming hopeless cases before you visit him you would be amazed at the extra strength both you, your family and your Dad will experience.
Your Dad, your Mom and writing this blog have provided a lot of us a sense of renewed gratitude and hope in our own lives and reminded us as to what is important. Blessings to all. Thank you.

Anonymous said...

HE IS THE ROCK, HIS WORK IS PERFECT,FOR ALL HIS WAYS ARE JUSTICE.
DEUTERONOMY 32:4

PLEASE GIVE PAT THE STRENGTH HE NEEDS TO FIGHT AND CONTINUE TO LIFT THIS BEAUTIFUL FAMILY OF CHRIST, IN YOU NAME LORD.

Anonymous said...

I'm sure the enemy is also enraged to see how many people, like myself, have grown in our faith and walk with the Lord. I can't thank you enough for sharing everything with us, it has made me a stronger christian and has made me realize I need to be more dependent on Him.
Just because I am not in a desperate situation like Pat is, he is showing me, through you and your family, that I don't need to wait for a crisis to lean on Him.
We are all so happy to pray for all of you, but you in return have blessed so many of us by helping us grow spiritually. Thank you.