Thursday, February 15, 2007

Keep on Praying

Prayer really is powerful, why do I doubt? Dad had a great morning. A complete turn around from yesterday...he was positive, talkative, ready to work. I am again amazed at how God hears us...and sometimes answers so quickly. Dad is showing an attitude that we haven't seen in what seems to be weeks. I know that God is teaching us about prayer...that although we would do anything to avoid the pain in our lives, God sees these times as precious because it's when we call on Him more than ever before. He knows our hearts and hears our prayers, and quite frankly, loves it when we talk to Him. We prayed for a change in dad's heart, and overnight dad's heart changed. Does that amaze anyone else?....because it certainly amazes me. It shouldn't...I've seen answered prayer in my life....but it does. Proof that growing in your faith is a journey that never ends....always more to learn.

So thank you for praying for my dad. He did have a good morning, but later this afternoon he seemed to go downhill just a little bit. Let's keep up the prayers...for his attitude, his drive, and his heart. Knowing dad is being 'marinated' in prayer makes me so thankful...knowing God is answering our prayers leaves me in awe of His power.

God is amazing. God is real. He shows us just how real He is when He answers prayer within hours of asking. We give Him all the glory.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

God is always amazing no matter what.

We thank God for hearing our prayers and ask that he continue to Bless all of the Bohrmans.

Anonymous said...

God is amazing and what He is doing through your family is amazing. I know about your journey because I attend Pastor Dan Johnson's church. Your "blog" has become my morning devotional and yesterday it touched me with great sadness for you and your dad..yes,Lord, You must have heard a great chorus of "please, restore Pat's attitude".
Bless your family for bringing this devotional of thanksgiving and praise in such trying times. You are reaching beyond many borders..letting God lead you is surely blessing many.

Anonymous said...

Dear Bohrmans,
Father, I pray YOUR continued power, protection, and promises to be on the hearts of those who place their trust in YOU. "YOU will keep in perfect peace the mind that is dependent on YOU, for it is trusting in YOU. Trust in the LORD forever, because the LORD is an everlasting rock" Isaiah 26:3-4 So today, LORD please surround the Bohrman family with a hedge of protection and the shield of faith. Strengthen them with the sword of YOUR spirit and give them YOUR mercy, hope and peace. And please FATHER help to reduce any inflammation & secretions. Bohr, we "stand in the gap" to continue to uphold and intercede on your behalf.
Love In Christ<><
Jenny

Anonymous said...

Patience, Faith, Hope, Understanding and Love. The greatest of these is Love. My compliments to your family dear Pat and Jean.

Anonymous said...

I just learned of Pat's accident. My thoughts and prayers are with you , Pat, with Jean and with and your great family. Ann and I hope to see you soon. Get well soon.

Anonymous said...

Hi Bohrmans, Some of you know us and some of you we have not had the pleasure of meeting. First, congratulations Becky on your new baby!! We are living in Springfield, IL now and working in Awana here. I want you to know we have been fervently praying for you all since the day of Pat's accident. I keep thinking of him with the Awana boys and singing up on stage and it is hard to imagine what he is going through. But I know it is very real for all of you. We have our church here praying for you all!! Even though this is a very dark time for you, your posts are a beacon of light for those of us who tend to look inward instead of shining ourselves. WE love you guys!! Love, Kip and Barb Troeger