Sunday, January 6, 2008

Happy New Year

Happy new year to everyone. I hope you all enjoyed this Christmas season and had a blessed time with your families and friends. Our youngest son PJ and his beautiful wife Kersta flew in from Denver for Christmas. We drove to Tucson to spend Christmas Day with Kersta's parents and had a wonderful time. Thank you to Dan and Susan for having us. They are great hosts and we feel so comfortable with them.

I want to apologize to those of you who have e-mailed me. I'm sorry I have not replied. It's because my voice recognition software doesn't want to work with my e-mail. I'll keep trying, and hopefully will reply soon.

Well we made it through the one year anniversary of my accident without a hitch. My daughter Amy sent me a box of goodies on December 8th containing treats and letters from friends. Thanks very much to those of you who sent those heartfelt cards and letters. They made the anniversary a fun day rather than the dreaded day I had thought it might be. Jeanne also brought home a 2 pound bundle of joy in the form of a Havanese puppy. We named her Queen Liliokalani but we call her Lulu. She is playful and funny and a great distraction.

Since my accident, we have had a CNA come for two hours each morning to help get me up and dressed, cleaned and shaved and then we do what they call a range of motion. That means they manipulate my arms and legs so they don't freeze up from lack of use. On our drive down from Wisconsin, Jean told me that she had prayed that our CNA would be a Christian. Since we spend time daily with them doing some intimate things together it is great to have that common bond. Well, before we arrived the agency called to tell us that our CNA was named Moses and that he would be showing up the first Monday we were here in Arizona. It turns out Moses is an awesome Christian man who knows his Bible as well as anyone I have known. He also is gifted musically and has written a song called "Jesus, All I want to do". He wrote the music and lyrics and made his own CD. It moved me to tears the first time I heard it. We play it all the time and thank God for answered prayer. Moses is also a Dallas cowboys fan so we talk football quite a bit. He's also a Republican! So we have many political and religious conversations while we do my range of motion. We have become good friends and now have started a weekly Bible study with Moses and his friend Paula. So once again, we asked God for something and he gave us more than we asked for. We don't hold the Dallas fan part against Him.


Thanks for listening. God is good.


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

happy new year stearns and bohr! i've been waiting for a blog. yes!! all sounds well....which is my prayer for you always. my brother dave and family just got a havanese. they named him chumley and absolutely love him!! (i guess you'd say he's their king...hmmm..maybe he should meet queen lulu.)chumley even made it on this year's christmas picture card. what's the old saying??'... it's a dog's life???!!!' enough said............... take care and hopefully your email will be up and running/cooperating soon, bohr. it's time, stearns..get yourself one!! if you can do what you've been doing in the caretaking field (which, btw, is beyond excellent, my friend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!), you can do anything w/ a computer!!! HAPPY 2008!!!
love you both,
arch

Anonymous said...

happy happy happy news from the bohrman's---life sound full with family, Moses, Lulu, and the (eeeeek)primaries to keep things interesting. but nothing as interesting as little mike's road rage---chip off the old jeepster block, we'd say. love you guys! xxxxxxx

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you're getting nicely acclimated in Arizona.

Can you please email the Shuters your winter address? email is mshuter@wi.rr.com.

Marc & Mary

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the uplifiting report. So glad things are moving along for all of you. We need to hear how our God is working to encourage us along the way. Your pictures show the smiles and happiness on your faces. Praise the Lord.
linda lentz

Anonymous said...

Hi Bohrman's....Tom and I are still praying for you, thinking of you and talking about you with fond memories. Thanks for the updates which are encouraging and fun.....especially the pictures!!!Tell Moses we love him for loving you and Jesus. Marie

Anonymous said...

We thank you, LORD, that you refresh us when we are weary. YOU are the light to all nations and the glory of Isreal. YOU involve those who love you in your plan of salvation and allow them to see the fulfillment of YOUR promises. You comfort those who seek your goodness. Keep Bohrmans especially close to YOUR heart and filled with mercy, strength, and love as they learn to trust YOU more. Thank you so much for the update and for Jeannie, Moses, Lulu!!! I also pray for any pain in the arm to diminish. God Bless in 2008!!
<>< Fells

Anonymous said...

Hey..Just checking up on you. More snow in WI this weekend. It has been unbelievable this year. I love the winter wonderland and cold. Hope you are enjoying your weather and sunshine too.
linda lentz

Anonymous said...

Hey friends.....Heard you are havin' FUN in the SUN. Glad all is well and you are enjoying life. Blessings to all. linda lentz