Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Thanksgiving

I hope you all had a good Thanksgiving.

We are now in Arizona, the Valley of the Sun. The weather is great, and we are adjusting very well. We left Oconomowoc the very end of October. We stopped in Des Moines, North Platte, Denver and Albuquerque along the way. We stayed in Denver two nights with our son PJ, and his wife Kersta. It was an adventure, but we were glad to arrive in Mesa and start our new winter life here.

I meant to write sooner but kept putting it off until I got in the mood. Next thing you know, a month has passed, and to be honest I had a few low points, and just did not feel like writing. By the grace of God I know I will get through these low times, and come out better in the end.  Jeanne was a trooper driving  six hours a day and hauling all my gear in and out of hotel rooms.  She had to set up my special bed each night after driving most of the day.  I hated that I could only watch her do all the work and I got quite depressed about that.  In fact, she's the one that should be depressed since she is doing all the work!  But she is up and positive and I am acting like a baby.  I should be happy to get out of the work!  Life is funny that way.  Jeanne keeps saying, "this is what God has given us, what are we going to do with it?"  That phrase always puts things in perspective and reminds me what a strong woman God has given me.
  I have had a good deal of nerve pain in my left arm.  It's my greatest obstacle to a good attitude .  We have tried acupuncture, but that does not seem to help. So now I am listening to the power of positive thinking by Norman Vincent Peale.  I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.  No negative thoughts.  Jeanne keeps saying, "take your mind off the pain", which ticks me off, but I know there is something to that because when I'm occupied I don't notice the pain as much.  There are times that it doesn't work, but there are more times than it does.  So my new goal is to overcome the pain with a positive mental attitude and as much as possible disregard the pain.Enough of that!  The sun is out, there are books to read and a wife to kiss.  I will try not to let so much time pass before I write again.God bless and thanks for listening.God is good.Pat

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Positive thinking, a wonderful wife, a life with God and warm AZ sun. You have all the tools to overcome difficulties. Happy Thanksgiving to you and may you feel the power of our prayers.
Schramms

Anonymous said...

Sooooo good to hear from you. Thank you for the report. You know there will continue to be many prayers lifted up. God hears and cares about everything that concerns us. New things take time to adjust to. Special blessings to you both. Enjoy the weather. It is cold here in WI. linda lentz

Anonymous said...

Pat,God bless you and I will keep you and your family in my prayers.Bill Suechting

Anonymous said...

How fortunate you both are to have your winter getaway. Who knows what wonderful plans await:) Ditto the wonderful wife comment, and a good driver too! Our prayers are with you both for a delightful winter (in summer temps) and lots of healing inside and out. A little sunshine to tan your skin and warm your bones and brighten each day. Stay in touch. You have know idea how nice it is to hear from you. You are both in our prayers.
Wexie5

Anonymous said...

Your blog continues to be a highlight.Hope you have a big TV to go with that big remote.May you and your family be blessed this Christmas.
Mike Bickler

Anonymous said...

you 2 continually amaze me. you are NO baby, bohr! none could probably handle all this as well as you have...and undoubtedly will continue to do. hard to believe that almost a year has passed......jean has been incredible...i know personally! her faith and 'works' are a gift to all. mike is jealous of your winter getaway....PA is no picnic in winter.....very similar to park ridge. we usually get their weather a day or so later. you 2 are the best!
Love and Merry Christmas,
arch

Anonymous said...

So wonderful to see that you (Bohrman)as you are so lovingly called, are writing on the blog..We are so amazed at your attitude and recovery from such a terrible accident. Not too many days go by that I don't think about you in amazement. Take care of your beautiful, loving wife..Love to her
Aloha, Laurie

Annie said...

Love is what we feel as we read your words and see as we view your family photos on this amazing "blogspot." Peace and patience are our prayers for you on this journey. We miss you more than you'll ever know.
Love, Tom and Ann Wierdsma

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update. We love you
and continue to pray for all of you.
Tom and Marie

Anonymous said...

Pat,
Thanks for the update! You both are such a blessing. Do you see how much stronger your wife has become? How very attractive she is to you, and to the rest of us. Thank you both for humbling yourselves and allowing us to "peek into your world".

Love to you and enjoy the warm sunshine. Aren't you glad that every day is not a "bad" one! It makes the happier days so much sweeter.

All of us sit back and wonder how we would be in your shoes! It can't be easy, and that does not go un-noticed.

God Bless my friends,
Patti Knutsen

Anonymous said...

When I opened the blog to read the last post over again, what a wonderful blessing and surprise to see a new one!! You truly have been an inspiration to me this year. Thanks for your faithfulness to our Lord and all of us. Love and prayers, Marie N.

Anonymous said...

happy b-day, bohr!

Katie said...

Sorry for all of your pain. My mother has had a lot of pain from work and has found a great doctor, Dr. Brown at Brown Chiro - I highly recommend him. Go see him at his chiropractic and acupuncture office near Scottsdale; he also treats pain with other treatments. I hope you are doing well and staying positive!